Work with us....
Positions available within our organisation.
Rural Skills Connect Coordinator
Contracted to 31/12/2022 30.4 – 38 hours negotiable
The FTE role offers $91,200 (including superannuation), a fully maintained motor vehicle with salary packaging options.
Located in the Wodonga office with work from home options negotiable.
AgBiz Assist is here to support rural and regional businesses, farmers and communities. We are a not-for-profit community company committed to enabling those who live in regional and rural Australia to develop solutions, manage change and prosper.
The Rural Skills Connect Project is aimed at providing flexible employment and training guidance for farmers, their family members or employees impacted by 2019-20 bushfires in North East Victoria.
If you have:
- well-developed interpersonal skills,
- existing relevant networks within North East Victoria, in particular Towong and Alpine Shires,
- experience with training and job placement activities,
- ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised,
- Current police check
we would encourage you to apply.
The Rural Skills Connect Coordinator will:
- Develop, coordinate and deliver the project management components of the Rural Skills Connect Program in line with industry, government and community needs and expectations.
- Identify employment opportunities for farmers, their families and farm workers
- Identify relevant skills (e.g. operating heavy machinery) and the need for additional training and accreditation to compete for jobs
- Assist partners, family members and farm workers to access career advice, employment services and training opportunities.
- Assist people to access relevant ancillary services e.g. financial advice, career counselling
- Facilitate employment and training opportunities
- Refer farmers, their family members and workers to organisations providing training, employment, financial and other service providers that can help them to make decisions about future employment opportunities and match people with employers
The role requires outreach service delivery thus requiring travel in remote and rural locations.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter and a separate document addressing the selection criteria.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 15 March 2021.
For further enquiries please contact Chris Howard Mb: 0427 546 642