Rural Skill Connect Program provides pathways for farmers, their family members, and farmworkers in North East Victoria to acquire new skills and qualifications to strengthen employment prospects now and in the future.
- Are you looking to supplement your Farm Income?
- Would you like to support your workers who may have had a reduction in hours/shifts or who have been unable to continue in your farm business?
The program can help you to:
– Access funding to cover training, qualification, and licencing costs
– Identify qualification and income opportunities
– Research and refer available training (accredited and non-accredited)
– Research and refer suitable employment vacancies
– Advocate individuals direct to business and industry for available opportunities
– Register with employment service providers and relevant networks
– Connect to start-up services for business ideas or self-employment opportunities cost.
We believe that building the skills of people in the ever-changing landscape of Rural communities contributes to their resilience.
Tim Roebuck, Rural Skills Coordinator, can be contacted on 0490 936 590 or 1300 834 775 if you would like to get involved as a participant or to support the program by creating employment opportunities.
Current Training Opportunities
To find out more:
Call: 1300 834 775
Tim was a fantastic liaison who worked with both my partner and I closely to find courses and support us through the process of signing up.
I completed an online short course for airbnb management to expand our family run farming enterprise and increase income from the property. I found this course to be incredibly helpful in setting up, and learning to manage, a house for accommodation. I probably wouldn’t have completed the course if it wasn’t for the financial support from AgBiz, which made it much easier to afford this after the bushfires and Covid-19.
Tim was incredibly easy to work with, assisted in following up with any queries I had, and sent regular emails to make sure there was nothing else I needed. This was a fantastic opportunity and I am so thankful to have been able to be a part of such an initiative.
AgBiz Assist Ltd t/as Rural Financial Counselling Service Victoria-North East is supported by the Victorian Government.