Rural Skill Connect Program provides pathways for farmers, their family members, and farmworkers in North East Victoria to acquire new skills and qualifications to strengthen employment prospects now and in the future.
- Are you looking to supplement your Farm Income?
- Would you like to support your workers who may have had a reduction in hours/shifts or who have been unable to continue in your farm business?
The program can help you to:
– Access funding to cover training, qualification, and licencing costs
– Identify qualification and income opportunities
– Research and refer available training (accredited and non-accredited)
– Research and refer suitable employment vacancies
– Advocate individuals direct to business and industry for available opportunities
– Register with employment service providers and relevant networks
– Connect to start-up services for business ideas or self-employment opportunities cost.
We believe that building the skills of people in the ever-changing landscape of Rural communities contributes to their resilience.
Tim Roebuck, Rural Skills Coordinator, can be contacted on 0490 936 590 or 1300 834 775 if you would like to get involved as a participant or to support the program by creating employment opportunities.
To find out more:
Call: 1300 834 775
AgBiz Assist Ltd t/as Rural Financial Counselling Service Victoria-North East is supported by the Victorian Government.