Rural Financial Counselling Service Victoria - North East
Rural Financial Counselling Services (RFCS) provides free, independent and confidential assistance to help eligible farmers and small rural related businesses with current and long-term financial planning.
Rural Financial Counselling Services Victoria – North East (RFCS) provide free, independent and confidential assistance to help eligible farmers and small rural related businesses with current and long-term financial planning. We also help with short-term assistance, applying for government and industry programs and grants, emergency relief funding, negotiating with creditors, debt mediation, family and business planning, as well providing support and referrals to other professional services.
- Accessing government assistance programs
- Identifying and understanding your financial position
- Cash flow, budgeting and forecasting
- Reviewing loans
- Refinancing debt
- Farm debt mediation
- Reveals opportunities and risks
- Indicates what is required so your farm enterprise or small business is sustainable and economically viable
- Required to obtain finance from lending institutions, investors, or grant making agencies.
- Includes succession planning (see Business transition preparation)
Business transition preparation
Succession planning and change can be an extremely emotional and challenging time for all concerned, however, when managed well, can be a very positive and rewarding process.
We can help with:
- Identifying the need for succession planning
- Assisting with profit and loss statements, balance sheets, assets and liabilities
- Identifying and gathering the appropriate documentation
- Facilitating individual and family meetings
- Assisting with mediation and clarifying the issues
- Developing options and explaining the process
- Providing referrals to professional advisors to seek legal and financial advice
There are many assistance programs available and our experienced and qualified Rural Financial Counsellors can assist you to navigate what’s suitable to you and what you need to apply.
Further Rural Financial Counselling Services throughout Australia van be accessed through Rural Financial Counselling Service Website
For assistance please phone 1300 834 775
This program is funded by the Australian and Victorian Governments.